Last week, TOG had an exhibition of projects in the gallery at Exchange Dublin. I wanted to include the hacked knitting machine, so Sinead took a set of photos and I created a couple of displays on the wall.
On the closing night, I gave a live demo of the contraption:
- Broke the knitting machine when I was supposed to be collecting it from TOG.
- Fixed it again.
- Knitted a scarf for a capoeirista.
- Knitted various other texts, some featuring ducks.
- Was mocked for my code’s lack of unit tests.
- “Hey, my granny used to have one of those. I think it’s in the attic now…”
The whole thing was a lot of fun. You know, maybe I could get into this exhibition malarkey.
By the way, the Exchange is under threat of closure…