Day 2: we’re not in Tamworth anymore2 February, 2009
First things first: how do chairlifts work? Using the time-honoured technique of copying people who look like they know what they are doing, we made it to the top of a blue run.
Click click (deep breath) slide….
…. oh, this is awesome…
Things I didn’t expect:
- There are little snowballs that roll down the hills and become big snowballs. I thought this only happened in cartoons.
- Snowflakes really do have six points. Again, not just cartoons.
- Chairlifts are almost completely silent, and very relaxing until you are rudely dumped out onto a slope with only one foot in your bindings.
- Snow glitters in the sunshine. Those cheesy glittery Christmas cards are spot on.
- It was -12ºC and I was too hot.
Katie returned from her lesson covered in ice, exhausted and babbling about powder. Convinced by her tales of off-piste adventures, Scott and I signed up for intermediate lessons.