Metablogging16 July, 2009
10,000 hits! Thanks for reading 😀
I shall mark this with a metablog. Here’s a summary of the statistics since I started back in August:
Most popular posts:
Most boring posts:
- one of many about the game chart (humph, that was science, that was)
- the one about shopping (I concur)
- the one about GameSoc’s party (there was beer and pizza and geekery, what’s not to like?)
Top search terms*:
- ‘eirebecky’ and ’tis a grand blog’. I guess some of you don’t believe in bookmarks 😉
- ‘randall munroe skycon’ and variations on that theme. Popular guy, that Randall.
- ‘game chart’. See, you do care really. Either that or people wanted to know whether Mr Taylor’s album was still in the Top 40.
Weirdest search terms:
- ‘free stuff’. Sorry, no free stuff here.
- ‘secret lives of accountants’. Have I uncovered a worrying trend?
- ‘is tis a word’? Er, ’tis!
Most popular links:
There are also some side effects to writing a blog. One of the oddest is that on occasion I will write about X and then a few days later someone will start talking to me about X as if continuing a conversation that we never actually had. Weird, but I rather like it.
* That is, Google/Yahoo/Bing/etc search terms that led people to my blog. Some of them I was unable to reproduce, which is rather mysterious.