Geodesic learning curve4 May, 2010
Things we have learned so far:
- Nobody in Ireland has heard of EMT or arbor presses.
- “Vice” is spelled “vise” in America.
- An English Wheel is not a torture instrument.
- The Noisebridge hackerspace nerds are a friendly bunch and will let us use their tools.
- Conduit has a seam that will split if you try to flatten it in the wrong direction.
- Vices do not like to be used for flattening 3/4″ conduit*.
- Cordless drills don’t have enough go** for galvanised steel.
- Levers are a nerd’s best friend.
- This is going to be expensive.
* especially when you can only find GRCinstead of EMT. Oh, the crunching and grinding and agonised noises 😦
** Technical term 🙂